Yelle signs a one-year deal with Hurricanes
|08.19.09 at 11:43 am ET|
The brief Bruins career of veteran center Stephane Yelle came to a close on Wednesday afternoon as the 35-year-old signed a one-year, $550,000 deal with the Carolina Hurricanes. Yelle totalled 7 goals and 11 assists with the Bruins last season in 77 games skating with the checking lines, but B’s GM Peter Chiarelli had indicated that Yelle was likely moving on after Boston had signed Steve Begin to a one-year deal.
Yelle will join defenseman Aaron Ward in Carolina, as the B’s blueliner was also dealt to the Canes — the team that ended Boston’s playoff run last year — this summer. Yelle was a valued penalty-killer and faceoff specialist for Boston after signing a late summer deal with the Bruins just prior to training camp last season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5