Yelle signs a one-year deal with Hurricanes
|08.19.09 at 11:43 am ET|
The brief Bruins career of veteran center Stephane Yelle came to a close on Wednesday afternoon as the 35-year-old signed a one-year, $550,000 deal with the Carolina Hurricanes. Yelle totalled 7 goals and 11 assists with the Bruins last season in 77 games skating with the checking lines, but B’s GM Peter Chiarelli had indicated that Yelle was likely moving on after Boston had signed Steve Begin to a one-year deal.
Yelle will join defenseman Aaron Ward in Carolina, as the B’s blueliner was also dealt to the Canes — the team that ended Boston’s playoff run last year — this summer. Yelle was a valued penalty-killer and faceoff specialist for Boston after signing a late summer deal with the Bruins just prior to training camp last season.
- Bruins vs. Flames Recap: Huge third period and a 2-1 win on Iginla Night
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 0 Flames 1
- Public Skate: Bruins at Flames, 9:30 pm
- Bruins PR memo leaked
- In and Out Burger: Flame-Broiled Bruins: Injury Updates, Who's playing...
- Five Questions with Matchsticks and Gasoline
- Fresh Links: Calgary AHLert Edition