|Report: Nashville Predators covet Kessel in potential deal||09.12.09 at 7:40 pm ET|
The Nashville Predators are one of several teams in the running for a potential Phil Kessel trade with the Boston Bruins, according to the Tennessean, and Nashville GM David Poile confirmed interest to the newspaper in a report published Saturday. Poile admitted that he’s spoken with both Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli and Kessel’s agent, Wade Arnott, in recent days, and had nothing but flattering things to say about the 21-year-old sniper.
”He’s a young player that scores goals,” said Poile, who also admitted that the Preds wouldn’t be interested in signing Kessel to an offer sheet “and that’s very much of interest to us. We’ve talked concepts. I’d be very interested to see if there might be something he would like from the Predators.”
The Preds have a long list of younger players that could be intriguing to Chiarelli including Russian KHL refugee Alexander Radulov, first round draft pick and former Boston University skater Colin Wilson, Jonathan Blum, Ryan Ellis, Cody Franson and Ryan Suter. Including within those talented puck youngsters are a plethora of talented young defensemen that could supply a serious talent transfusion to a B’s blueline stock that doesn’t boast the greatest amount of depth organizationally.
- Chara owns, and is a fantastic captain
- Fresh Links: The Kids Are Alright Edition
- Friday Morning Skate: All Glory to the Hypno Claude
- Game 1 Gif Recap: Marchand, Big Z, and the Rookie D. Bruins win it in OT.
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Third Period
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Second Period
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, 7:30PM ET