First day of B’s training camp is in the books
|09.13.09 at 6:55 pm ET|
As is the custom during Bruins training camp, the 54 camp invitees are broken into two different groups scheduled to skate in separate sessions during the camp days. Group A opened Sunday morning with a 90-minute skate and Group B following with a session that began at noontime. Here are the breakdowns of the players from Group A and Group B. Line pairing aren’t all that important at this point as Claude Julien and staff will be mixing and matching a lot of different player combinations over the next two weeks.
As previously mentioned, David Krejci, Lane MacDermid, Jordan Knackstedt, Kevin Regan, Jordan Caron and Zach MacKelvie were among a group of players that skated early non-contact drills. Krejci is expected to join with Group B when he returns to the regular practices in the next few days after making an impressive recovery from right hip surgery.
“Somebody asked me about the condition of the team yesterday, and the guys are in really good shape,” said Claude Julien after the first day of training camp had concluded. “That bodes well. I think the second group today had better ice so they probably looked a little bit better. The first group the puck was jumping around a lot and they didn’t get the real flow in their drills, but we got the things done that we wanted accomplished.
The B’s will be on the Garden ice again bright and early on Monday morning at 10 a.m., and Group B will lead things off this time.
Here’s a breakdown of Group A and Group B:
Group B Forwards
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara