Bruins set lineup for Maple Leafs preseason tilt
|09.16.09 at 11:47 am ET|
Blake Wheeler leads a Boston Bruins traveling party for a Wednesday night preseason game against the Toronto Maple Leafs following up on Tuesday night’s 2-1 win over the New York Rangers at Madison Square Garden. Wheeler, Byron Bitz, Brad Marchand, Jamie Arniel and Vladimir Sobotka will play among the forward group for the second straight game, and both Matt Hunwick and Adam McQuaid will play for the second straight day.
The B’s players getting their first taste of preseason action include: Steve Begin, Patrice Bergeron, Drew Larman, Guillaume Lefebvre, Jeff LoVecchio, Michael Ryder and Shawn Thornton at forward, and Derek Morris, Mark Stuart, Dennis Wideman and Any Wozniewski on defense. Dany Sabourin is expected to get the call between the pipes for the Bruins, and will play the whole game as Tuukka Rask did Tuesday night against the Rangers.
“I think we saw a lot of good things from the younger players (against the Rangers),” said B’s coach Claude Julien. “Of course Max Sauve had the game-winning goal, but more than that probably surpassed what we expected from him and played well. Tuukka played well between the pipes, and Brad Marchand played well. Zach Hamill made some plays and he continued what he started at the rookie camps.
“You could see the Penners and the Bodnarchuks, you could see they have a year of pro under their belts and they were able to handle the pressure of the forecheck a lot better.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara