Bruins release 13 players from training camp
|09.20.09 at 4:41 pm ET|
The Boston Bruins announced their first round of cuts from the training camp roster on Sunday afternoon, and released 13 players from the NHL club camp while returning an assortment of young players to minor league camp and their junior hockey teams.
Adam Courchaine, Matt Dalton, Jordan Knackstedt, and Matt Marquardt have been assigned to Boston’s American Hockey League affiliate, the Providence Bruins. Scott Fletcher and Rob Kwiet have been released from their tryout agreement with the Boston Bruins are being returned to Providence.
Alain Goulet and Lane MacDermid are unsigned draft choices who are being released from Boston’s training camp and reporting to Providence’s training camp. Ryan Button, Jordan Caron, Michael Hutchinson, and Tyler Randell are unsigned draft choices who are being returned to their respective junior clubs.
Chris DeSousa, Brad Good, Mark Isherwood, Jason Lawrence, Taylor MacDougall, Peter Stevens, Jason Wilson and Marc Zanetti have been released from their Boston Bruins Rookie Camp tryout agreements. Please note that Wilson participated in Boston’s full training camp in addition to their rookie camp. The Bruins now have 41 players left on their training camp roster.
The B’s take on the Montreal Canadiens in their fourth preseason game Sunday night (7 p.m.) at the Colisee in Quebec City.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara