Lucic draws first blood of the preseason
|09.26.09 at 9:40 am ET|
The Bruins took the Friday night win by a 2-1 score over the Ottawa Senators, and Milan Lucic rocked the clear decision in his first fight of the new hockey season. Sens tough guy Chris Neil blasted Marc Savard with a hit against the boards on the prior shift, and Lucic wasted no time stepping in to protect his linemate on the very next face-off.
Lucic threw a shove at Neil as they lined up for the face-off, but the Senators forward wouldn’t respond until Big Looch shoved his stick right between Neil’s legs at the drop of the puck. The combatants then finally dropped the gloves and Lucic landed a series of powerful rights that ripped Neil’s forehead open. Lucic clearly looks ready to get the season going with one preseason game remaining on Saturday night against the Columbus Blue Jackets. I have a feeling Savard isn’t going to sustain many heavy hits this season if that’s the outcome each time he does.
Here’s the video courtesy of youtube:
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5