Hamill, Marchand are final B’s camp cuts
|09.28.09 at 10:07 am ET|
Bruins rookies Zach Hamill and Brad Marchand were both assigned to the AHL’s Providence Bruins on Monday morning in the final cuts of training camp. Both youngsters showed promise and impressed B’s officials throughout the two-week camp: Marchand had a pair of goals in five games and Hamill potted two goals in six preseason games. Both youngsters should be among the first players recalled should injuries hit the B’s in the first few months of the season.
The two moves are pretty clear indicators that both Vladimir Sobotka has made the team and David Krejci’s surgically repaired hip is pretty close to ready for game action. The moves leave the Bruins with a total of 22 players for the club’s final NHL roster when the regular season opens against the Capitals on Oct. 1.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara