Lucic not present at Bruins practice
|10.05.09 at 2:37 pm ET|
WILMINGTON — Bruising Bruins winger Milan Lucic wasn’t present at practice Monday morning at Ristuccia Arena, but the 21-year-old winger wasn’t missing in action as a result of the fight-filled action against the Hurricanes. B’s coach Claude Julien confirmed following practice that it was a non-hockey related situation, and Lucic will be back practicing with the team Tuesday.
A Bruins source confirmed that the issue had nothing to do with his right punching hand or either of his legs — amid swirling reports that the big winger was seen limping out of the building Saturday night — and it was truly a very minor situation. Matt Hunwick, who bounced between defenseman and forward last season, replaced Lucic on the left wing skating with Marc Savard and Marco Sturm on Boston’s top line during practice.
If it were something more serious with Lucic, clearly the Bruins would have reconfigured the lines or called Vladimir Sobotka back up from Providence to rejoin the team. Neither of those things happened, and the lean, mean B’s fighting machine will be back in the practice fold tomorrow preparing for Thursday night against the Anaheim Ducks.
“He was excused for non-hockey related, personal issues,” said Julien. “He’ll be back tomorrow.”
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Penguins, 7PM EST
- Bruins vs. Penguins Preview: Bounce-back.
- Fresh Links: But We Were Just Getting To Know You Edition
- Boychuk out 3-7 days, not weeks. Let's go to the movies!
- Fresh Links: Wound Licking Edition
- Friday Morning Skate: Get Well Soon, Johnny
- Bruins vs Habs Recap: Just a loss. Win the games in hand.