A few Bruins/Ducks pregame bits of tid
|10.08.09 at 7:08 pm ET|
Here’s a few pregame tidbits before the Bruins and Ducks drop the puck for Thursday night’s tilt at TD Garden.
–The five-game homestand to start this year for the Bruins is their longest in franchise history. Normally the Bruins begin the season on the road with the Ringling Bros. Circus taking over at the Garden in mid-October. But this season began a bit early with the 2-3 week Olympic break coming in February, and the Black and Gold enjoy a long stretch in their own backyard. The longest homestand to start a Bruins season prior to this season came during the 1927-28 season when the Black and Gold played four straight games at home to start the year.
–B’s coach Claude Julien remarked on the similarities of the two hockey teams ready to battle prior to Thursday night’s games. Both are hard-hitting blue collar hockey clubs with a willingness to mix things up physically.
“They are an in-your-face kind of hockey club,” said Julien of the Ducks. “They have good size, they are a physical team, so there is a lot of resemblance right there. They are a character team too, that much I know.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara