|Bruins 0, Islanders 0, End 1st||10.10.09 at 7:53 pm ET|
The Bruins were outshot, if not outplayed, in the opening 20 minutes as the Islanders peppered Tuukka Rask with 16 shots while the B’s could only get off seven shots on Dwayne Roloson.
The Islanders were aided by a 5-on-3 for a minute, 38 seconds. But Rask, making his first start of the season, looked up to the challenge and didn’t allow many second chances.
The Bruins were 11-for-21 in face-offs for a 52 percent win rate.
- Relax, the sky isn't falling
- NHL Draft 2013: An Interactive Visualization of Drafts of Years Past
- Fresh Links: "Buckneresque" Edition
- Madison Square Garden is awful.*
- Friday Morning Skate: It Was Never Going To Be A Sweep
- Providence Bruins Join Boston Bruins as Black Aces
- 3 Questions With... Mike Murphy "Dig Deep" of Blueshirt Banter