Bruins 0, Islanders 0, End 1st
|10.10.09 at 7:53 pm ET|
The Bruins were outshot, if not outplayed, in the opening 20 minutes as the Islanders peppered Tuukka Rask with 16 shots while the B’s could only get off seven shots on Dwayne Roloson.
The Islanders were aided by a 5-on-3 for a minute, 38 seconds. But Rask, making his first start of the season, looked up to the challenge and didn’t allow many second chances.
The Bruins were 11-for-21 in face-offs for a 52 percent win rate.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara