|Wideman optimistic about playing Wednesday||10.19.09 at 5:19 pm ET|
WILMINGTON — Dennis Wideman missed last weekend’s two-game road trip through Dallas and Phoenix with an injured left shoulder, but skated with his teammates Monday morning at practice. The 26-year-old defenseman injured the shoulder after taking an awkward tumble into the boards during the second period of Boston’s shootout loss to the New York Islanders more than a week ago. He was optimistic that his shoulder would be healed up enough to suit up against the Nashville Predators Wednesday night at TD Garden, but wasn’t ready to pronounce himself a definite go.
“It feels good, but we’ll see. I’ll take another step and we’ll see how the next couple of days go,” said Wideman. “It felt pretty good today. It was a little different. That was probably the first time I missed a road trip with an injury and couldn’t go. So it’s a different thing. For as long as you play something like that is going to happen eventually.”
- Wednesday Morning Skate: Shut It Down
- GIF RECAP: Bruins 2, Rangers 1: Doppelganger Hockey!
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers, 7:30 PM ET
- 3 Questions With... Blueshirt Banter's Kevin Power
- Fresh Links: The Wrong Garden Edition
- Game 3 Preview: Bruins vs. Rangers. MSG. No Seidenberg after all. Let's...
- Tuesday Morning Skate: Gameday