Full set of Bruins at Tuesday morning practice
|10.27.09 at 12:27 pm ET|
WILMINGTON, Mass. — A full complement of Bruins players at practice on Tuesday morning with only Milan Lucic (right index finger) and Marc Savard (broken left foot) missing from the ice at Ristuccia Arena.
The lines were as they’ve been over the last week:
Shawn Thornton — Steve Begin — Byron Bitz
All seven of Boston’s defensemen participated in practice, and the B’s looked loaded for bear against a New Jersey Devils team firing on all cylinders after taking down the Pittsburgh Penguins last weekend. The penalty kill hasn’t allowed a goal in their last three games since inserting Paille and Marchand into the unit, and appears to have been patched up significantly by the B’s coaching staff.
*B’s GM Peter Chiarelli was hobbling around Ristuccia Arena on Tuesday morning, and utilized a pair of crutches to get around the practice facility. Chiarelli underwent arthroscopic surgery on his right knee on Monday, according to Bruins spokesman Matt Chmura, but isn’t expected to be placed on long term injured reserve. Good news for the Bruins as they couldn’t afford that kind of cap hit this season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara