|Full set of Bruins at Tuesday morning practice||10.27.09 at 12:27 pm ET|
WILMINGTON, Mass. — A full complement of Bruins players at practice on Tuesday morning with only Milan Lucic (right index finger) and Marc Savard (broken left foot) missing from the ice at Ristuccia Arena.
The lines were as they’ve been over the last week:
Marco Sturm — David Krejci — Mark Recchi
Brad Marchand — Patrice Bergeron — Michael Ryder
Daniel Paille — Vladimir Sobokta/Trent Whitfield — Blake Wheeler
Shawn Thornton — Steve Begin — Byron Bitz
All seven of Boston’s defensemen participated in practice, and the B’s looked loaded for bear against a New Jersey Devils team firing on all cylinders after taking down the Pittsburgh Penguins last weekend. The penalty kill hasn’t allowed a goal in their last three games since inserting Paille and Marchand into the unit, and appears to have been patched up significantly by the B’s coaching staff.
*B’s GM Peter Chiarelli was hobbling around Ristuccia Arena on Tuesday morning, and utilized a pair of crutches to get around the practice facility. Chiarelli underwent arthroscopic surgery on his right knee on Monday, according to Bruins spokesman Matt Chmura, but isn’t expected to be placed on long term injured reserve. Good news for the Bruins as they couldn’t afford that kind of cap hit this season.
- Chara owns, and is a fantastic captain
- Fresh Links: The Kids Are Alright Edition
- Friday Morning Skate: All Glory to the Hypno Claude
- Game 1 Gif Recap: Marchand, Big Z, and the Rookie D. Bruins win it in OT.
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Third Period
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Second Period
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, 7:30PM ET