Bruins recall Lehtonen on emergency basis
|11.04.09 at 8:34 pm ET|
Rangy winger Mikko Lehtonen was recalled by the Bruins on an emergency basis on Wednesday afternoon and could be available for Thursday night's game against the Montreal Canadiens. The 6-foot-5, 203-pound Lehtonen was a third round pick by the Bruins in the 2005 draft and made his NHL debut with the B's in one of Boston's final games last season.
The emergency recall indicates the team has less than 12 healthy forwards for Thursday's game against the Habs, and an injury must have been sustained during the 2-0 loss to the Red Wings. The 22-year-old Lehtonen has good size and skill around the net, and has three goals and seven assists in 10 games with the Providence Bruins this season. Lehtonen led the P-Bruins with 28 goals last season and finished fourth in the AHL with 53 points in 72 games played.
- Bruins vs. Penguins Preview: Bounce-back.
- Fresh Links: But We Were Just Getting To Know You Edition
- Boychuk out 3-7 days, not weeks. Let's go to the movies!
- Fresh Links: Wound Licking Edition
- Friday Morning Skate: Get Well Soon, Johnny
- Bruins vs Habs Recap: Just a loss. Win the games in hand.
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 1 Habs 2