Bruins recall Lehtonen on emergency basis
|11.04.09 at 8:34 pm ET|
Rangy winger Mikko Lehtonen was recalled by the Bruins on an emergency basis on Wednesday afternoon and could be available for Thursday night’s game against the Montreal Canadiens. The 6-foot-5, 203-pound Lehtonen was a third round pick by the Bruins in the 2005 draft and made his NHL debut with the B’s in one of Boston’s final games last season.
The emergency recall indicates the team has less than 12 healthy forwards for Thursday’s game against the Habs, and an injury must have been sustained during the 2-0 loss to the Red Wings. The 22-year-old Lehtonen has good size and skill around the net, and has three goals and seven assists in 10 games with the Providence Bruins this season. Lehtonen led the P-Bruins with 28 goals last season and finished fourth in the AHL with 53 points in 72 games played.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara