Turn up the volume: Breaking points
|11.11.09 at 10:18 am ET|
Just a few weeks earlier, Matt Hunwick’s backhander hits the crossbar instead of finding the space between the goalie’s shoulder and the top of the net.
A few weeks earlier Alex Goligoski’s third period weird angle shot off the end boards careens off the right post and angles itself into a net vacated by Tim Thomas.
And a few weeks earlier, instead of an empty net goal, Patrice Bergeron misfires on an oddly bouncing puck and Pittsburgh collects it and scores in the last 30 seconds on an empty net power play.
But all three of those breaks went for the Bruins and not against them on Tuesday night as they beat the defending Stanley Cup champs, 3-0, at TD Garden, giving the Bruins consecutive wins for the first time this season.
Here’s an audio sample from a happy/relieved Bruins dressing room.
- Fresh Links: Up the River Edition
- Grand Theft Czechoslovakia. Bruins win 3-2
- Loui Eriksson concussed; Chris Kelly, Shawn Thornton will not travel on...
- Video: Don Cherry talks about the Thornton and Orpik incident
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 1, Penguins 2
- Orpik hit on Eriksson and the Thornton hit on Orpik: Both are terrible