|Looch out a month||11.27.09 at 12:13 pm ET|
Bruins power forward Milan Lucic will miss up to a month with a high left ankle sprain. Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli made the announcement Friday morning before the Bruins matinee contest with New Jersey.
Lucic was back just four games before injuring his ankle on Wednesday night in Minnesota. Lucic caught his left skate in the ice and fell back awkwardly.
“Certainly when I saw the injury happen, you look at the stress on the lower knee and the ankle, I certainly expected worse,” Chiarelli said. “I think that if you look at it real close, he broke the fall with his hand. That probably took some stress off of the knee.”
Lucic missed 14 games with a fractured finger on Oct. 16 in Dallas. He has been limited to just 10 games this season, with two goals and three assists.
“I am sure he disappointed. We get him back for three or four games, now he is gone for a month.”
- 3 Questions With... Mike Murphy "Dig Deep" of Blueshirt Banter
- Fresh Links: Sally Fourth Edition
- Torts to Brad Richards: Sit On It
- Thursday Morning Skate: Memorial Cup Field Set
- AHL Calder Cup Playoffs: Providence Bruins complete collapse, shut out by...
- Relax, We Got This.
- P-Bruins Game 7 Preview: Well, here we are.