Two months into the season, a good week can still make or break a team’s spot in the WEEI.com power rankings.
1. (3) 17-6-1 The Devils go 3-0 this week, thanks in part to Zach Parise ‘s slick shootout move against Tuukka Rask  in Friday’s win over the B’s. Losing David Clarkson  (broken leg) is the only dark spot on the horizon.
6. (6) 16-5-6 The Caps go 3-0, but the direction in which the combustible Alexander Ovechkin  is heading is a bit of a concern.
7. (17). 15-7-2 Yeah, we’re meandering all over the place with the Sabres. But a 3-0 week, return to first place and two games in hand on the B’s has to count for something. So does Ryan Miller ‘s league-best 1.84 GAA and .934 SP.
9. (19) 14-7-3 The Thrashers win four this week to improve to 7-1-2 in their last 10. Defenseman Pavel Kubina  is plus-12 over that stretch and plus-16 on the season.
15. (7) 12-8-7 The Stars have dropped three of their last four. Getting back defenseman Nicklas Grossman , the team’s plus/minus leader (plus-6), later this week should help change that trend.
16. (15) 13-9-4 After dropping three straight, including being shut out in consecutive home games, the Red Wings pick up back-to-back wins, scoring four goals in each victory. Yeah, consistency might be an issue.
17. (18) 10-7-8 The Lightning have lost five of their last seven (2-3-2), but don’t blame Steve Stamkos , who has four goals and four assists over that stretch.
19. (14) 13-10-1 Less than a month before they arrive at Fenway, the Flyers have lost five of their last six. A cold, frustrated Chris Pronger  on New Year’s Day could be must-see TV.
20. (12) 13-9-5 The Blue Jackets  ended a five-game losing steak by beating St. Louis Monday. A three-game homestand could further help the recovery.
21. (24) 10-12-4 Goalie J.S. Giguere  is getting his groove back for the Ducks, going 3-0-1 with a 1.77 GAA and .944 SP in his last four games.
22. (22) 10-12-4 The Panthers have lost five straight, and defenseman Keith Ballard  accidentally knocked stellar goalie Tomas Vokoun  out of Monday’s game with an errant stick swing. That’s a bad week.
24. (23 ) 13-13-1 Given the chance to open up his game, Marian Gaborik  leads the league in goals and the Rangers still lose hockey games. We love whatever hockey gods set up this scenario.
27. (27) 10-10-5 The Blues meander through a 4-3 stretch with defenseman Erik Johnson  continuing to lead the team in scoring (18 points). If St. Louis finds its offense, this team could get back where it belongs.
28. (29) 7-12-7 After playing in Boston Saturday, the Maple Leafs  will return home, play two games and then head back to Boston, while the Bruins simply wait without a game. Interesting to see how that plays out.
30. (30) 5-17-5 The Hurricanes lose five in a row and defenseman Joe Corvo  for 2-3 months with a lacerated calf after being cut with a skate. Hurts just to think about it.