NHL: 15 Winter Classics not enough
|12.04.09 at 1:55 pm ET|
The NHL sent out a press release Friday afternoon with some interesting information on the Winter Classic set for New Year’s Day at Fenway. According to the league:
· Registrations on NHL.com for an opportunity to purchase tickets to the 2010 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic surpassed 307,000. That eclipsed the number of registrations for last season’s game by more than 25 percent.
· If each person who registered was given the right to purchase two tickets, the NHL could host 15 Winter Classic games at Fenway and still not meet the ticket demand.
· General seating and standing room only tickets are already sold out for the Jan. 8 college hockey doubleheader at Fenway.
· The recently announced celebrity/legends charity hockey game on Jan. 2 at Fenway has sold more than 25,000 tickets.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara