NHL: 15 Winter Classics not enough
|12.04.09 at 1:55 pm ET|
The NHL sent out a press release Friday afternoon with some interesting information on the Winter Classic set for New Year’s Day at Fenway. According to the league:
· Registrations on NHL.com for an opportunity to purchase tickets to the 2010 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic surpassed 307,000. That eclipsed the number of registrations for last season’s game by more than 25 percent.
· If each person who registered was given the right to purchase two tickets, the NHL could host 15 Winter Classic games at Fenway and still not meet the ticket demand.
· General seating and standing room only tickets are already sold out for the Jan. 8 college hockey doubleheader at Fenway.
· The recently announced celebrity/legends charity hockey game on Jan. 2 at Fenway has sold more than 25,000 tickets.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5