Serving his team and country
|12.11.09 at 1:23 am ET|
Mark Stuart was a very proud man on Thursday night.
Just before face-off, the Bruins defenseman had the privilege of accepting a Bruins flag that flew in Iraq with the U.S. Army Rangers.
He took a slap shot from the top of the slot that beat Toronto goalie Vesa Toskala between the pads for his second goal of the season, giving the Bruins a 1-0 lead.
The he got into a shoving match two minutes into the second period with Jamal Mayers. As they came out of their respective penalty boxes, the two decided to come out swinging this time, both earning five minute majors.
The only thing missing from Mark Stuart’s night to remember was an assist. That would have given him the so-called Gordie Howe hat trick – A goal, an assist and a fight. Still, Stuart was clearly the most important player on the ice on Thursday during Boston’s 5-2 win over the Leafs at TD Garden.
Afterward, he shared his thoughts on the special night.
- Bruins vs. Blackhawks Stanley Cup Final Game 4 Preview: Be the hammer,...
- VIDEO: Extended Stanley Cup Final Game 3 Highlights, with Goucher and...
- Wednesday Morning Skate: Keep It Going
- Fresh Links: Unworthy Edition
- Tuesday Morning Skate: Dat Pass
- Stanley Cup Final: Bruins take game three. Two to go.
- Public Skate: Bruins 2, Blackhawks 0, Third Period