|Thomas explains the ‘Hartnell incident’||01.01.10 at 9:57 pm ET|
He wasn’t particularly proud of it but Tim Thomas attempted to explain himself after his Bruins teammates took the goat horns off his head.
Before Mark Recchi tied the game with just over two minutes left in regulation, the moment a lot of fans were going to take from the game was Thomas taking his frustrations out on Philadelphia’s Scott Hartnell while Danny Syvret was taking a slap shot into the space Thomas just vacated.
Five minutes into the second period, Thomas had seen enough from Hartnell. He had taken a shot on him while he was on the ice and vulnerable just moments earlier and Hartnell was camped out in front of the net to Thomas’s right.
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers, 7:30 PM ET
- 3 Questions With... Blueshirt Banter's Kevin Power
- Fresh Links: The Wrong Garden Edition
- Game 3 Preview: Bruins vs. Rangers. MSG. No Seidenberg after all. Let's...
- Tuesday Morning Skate: Gameday
- AHL Calder Cup Playoffs: Providence Bruins can't solve Brad Thiessen,...
- Fresh Links: High Gear Edition