Thomas explains the ‘Hartnell incident’
|01.01.10 at 9:57 pm ET|
He wasn’t particularly proud of it but Tim Thomas attempted to explain himself after his Bruins teammates took the goat horns off his head.
Before Mark Recchi tied the game with just over two minutes left in regulation, the moment a lot of fans were going to take from the game was Thomas taking his frustrations out on Philadelphia’s Scott Hartnell while Danny Syvret was taking a slap shot into the space Thomas just vacated.
Five minutes into the second period, Thomas had seen enough from Hartnell. He had taken a shot on him while he was on the ice and vulnerable just moments earlier and Hartnell was camped out in front of the net to Thomas’s right.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara