Turn up the volume: A ‘skate-off’ win for B’s
|01.01.10 at 11:06 pm ET|
It was like a huge holiday feast: almost too much to digest.
From the pageantry of the pregame ceremony to the singing of Sweet Caroline with eight minutes remaining to the game-tying goal by Mark Recchi on the power play to the game winner by Marco Sturm on a great feed from Patrice Bergeron, the 2-1 overtime win over the Flyers at Fenway Park gave Bruins fans something they will remember for the rest of their lives.
And when Sturm scored, the Bruins felt the exact thrill the Red Sox do when they win a game on a dramatic walk-off homer.
Afterward, the key players spoke about their emotions and what it was like to play in the first-ever Fenway Park hockey game.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara