Savard leaves with leg injury
|01.07.10 at 7:18 pm ET|
Bruins top line center Marc Savard had to be helped off the ice just 28 seconds into Thursday’s game with Chicago at TD Garden with an apparent right leg injury.
The injury happened on his first shift of the game in the offensive zone. Marco Sturm and Mark Recchi had to help him skate to the Bruins bench, where he immediately made his way to the dressing room with assistance from Bruins training staff.
Eight minutes later, the Bruins announced he would not be returning to the game.
Savard, like Lucic and Bergeron, has been bitten by the injury bug this season. Savard has played in just 28 games this year, compiling nine goals and 13 assists. He missed 15 games between Oct. 21-Nov. 20 with various injuries.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara