Bruins rest, recover in LA
|01.15.10 at 7:07 pm ET|
El SEGUNDO, Calif. – A weary Bruins squad caught up on some much needed rest Friday after a hard-fought 2-1 shootout win in San Jose Thursday. A handful of players did receive treatment and skate at the Kings practice facility.
Defenseman Mark Stuart remains hopeful to return to the lineup against the Kings Saturday after missing a month with a broken sternum.
Center David Krejci remains day-to-day with an undisclosed injury suffered Wednesday in Anaheim.
Fellow center Patrice Bergeron will not play Saturday, but he is making a steady recovery after breaking his thumb Jan. 4 in New York. Bergeron was set to be sidelined two weeks, and could be ready when the B’s return home to host Ottawa Monday afternoon.
“It’s looking good, it’s coming along a day at a time,”said Bergeron who is now able to work with the puck after initially being confined to simply skating. “It’s more of a [situation] of seeing how I feel, I’m pretty much able to do it, so it’s good.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5