Sturm won’t play against Kings
|01.16.10 at 3:53 pm ET|
LOS ANGELES – Bruins leading goal scorer Marco Sturm will not play in this afternoon’s contest against the Kings. “He’s got a leg injury so he won’t be able to play,” Bruins coach Claude Julien said. “It’s a little bit of creeping up to the point that he’s not able to go today.” The leg injury is considered day-to-day.
The B’s are looking to have defenseman Mark Stuart and center David Krejci back for the contest. “[Stuart] is going to do the warm up, if everything goes well he should be in the lineup,” Julien said. “Krejci will also be in the warm up and if everything goes well there, he should be able to play.”
Tim Thomas will start in goal as Boston looks to close out a three-game road trip, building on a 2-1 victory in San Jose Thursday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should the Boston Bruins Let Tuukka Rask Start Olympic Break a Day Early?
- How Should Bruins Fill Chara's Void Before Olympic Break?
- Why Krejci Will Be Top Bruin to Watch at Sochi
- How Bruins Should Shuffle Lines After Chris Kelly's Return
- Kevan Miller Justifying Promotion, Extension with Bruins
- What the Boston Bruins Must Do to Avoid Season Sweep vs. New York...
- How Bruins' Unique Strengths Have Led to Krug's Breakout Season