Sturm won’t play against Kings
|01.16.10 at 3:53 pm ET|
LOS ANGELES ‘ Bruins leading goal scorer Marco Sturm will not play in this afternoon’s contest against the Kings. ‘He’s got a leg injury so he won’t be able to play,’ Bruins coach Claude Julien said. ‘It’s a little bit of creeping up to the point that he’s not able to go today.’ The leg injury is considered day-to-day.
The B’s are looking to have defenseman Mark Stuart and center David Krejci back for the contest. ‘[Stuart] is going to do the warm up, if everything goes well he should be in the lineup,’ Julien said. ‘Krejci will also be in the warm up and if everything goes well there, he should be able to play.’
Tim Thomas will start in goal as Boston looks to close out a three-game road trip, building on a 2-1 victory in San Jose Thursday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5