Begin, Bitz and Sturm all out against Sens
|01.18.10 at 12:46 pm ET|
The short-handed Bruins will be without forwards Steve Begin, Byron Bitz and Marco Sturm for their matinee clash with the Ottawa Senators at TD Garden. Both are out with undisclosed injuries.
The team, already without Marc Savard and Andrew Ference, could get a boost with the return of center Patrice Bergeron and defenseman Dennis Wideman.
Bergeron has been out for six games with a broken thumb while Wideman returns after an undisclosed injury.
“I think the doctors had a chat with him and he wants to give it a try,” head coach Claude Julien said pregame of Bergeron’s desire to return Monday. “He’s been practicing now for a week.”
As for Bitz, Julien was a little more cryptic.
“Actually, it’s something new,” the coach said. “We’re a little banged up, but we’re grinding through and again, don’t make excuses.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5