Bruins end losing streak
|02.07.10 at 5:50 pm ET|
Marco Sturm had two goals, Adam McQuaid scored his first NHL goal and Tuukka Rask made 36 saves as the Bruins ended a ten-game losing streak with a 3-0 win in Montreal Sunday. Patrice Bergeron had two assists for the Bruins, who won for the first time since taking a 2-1 shootout win in San Jose on Jan. 14.
After McQuaid gave the Bruins the lead with 2:28 left in the opening period, Sturm pushed the B’s to a 2-0 advantage with just four seconds left in the first. He added an insurance goal midway though the third period. Center David Krejci was injured in the first period and did not return.
1. Tuukka Rask
Never let the Canadiens grab any momentum.
2. Marco Sturm
Scores twice to provide the Bruins a lead they would not relinquish.
3. Marc Savard
Sharp pass to set up McQuaid’s goal while skating with jump all over the ice.
With the clock winding down in the first period Sturm jumps on a rebound of a Zdeno Chara shot whisking it past Jaroslav Halak for a 2-0 Bruins advantage.
As the Canadiens picked up their attack in the third period, Sturm beats Halak to put things out of reach.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5