Panthers lead B’s after first
|02.13.10 at 7:50 pm ET|
The Bruins are in Sunrise, Florida and may have left their game at the beach as they trail for the first time on their four game road trip after the first period. Boston is skating well enough but the urgency of the previous three games does not seem to be present as of yet.
Nick Tarnasky beat Tuukka Rask on a rebound put-away rebound at 10:12 to give the Panthers the early lead. The Bruins have not trailed in regulation since losing to the Washington Capitals last Tuesday. It was Tarnasky’s first goal of the year for the Panthers in his 11th game.
The lead would not last long though as David Krejci tallied his 11th of the year when he threw a wrist shot on Tomas Vokoun on a rush from the baseline on the right wing at 15:54.
Florida took the lead again when the Panthers leading scorer, Stephen Weiss, flew through the neutral zone and put and inside-out move on Zdeno Chara to march straight in on Rask and bury the chance at a 18:54. It was a power play strike as Shawn Thornton was the the box for a holding call at 18:27.
End of first, Panthers up 2-1.
Bruins — 10
Panthers — 8
- Fresh Links: Unworthy Edition
- Tuesday Morning Skate: Dat Pass
- Stanley Cup Final: Bruins take game three. Two to go.
- Public Skate: Bruins 2, Blackhawks 0, Third Period
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Blackhawks, SECOND PERIOD
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Blackhawks Stanley Cup Final Game 3
- 3 Questions With... Greg Boysen of Second City Hockey