Update: Bruins in the Olympics
|02.18.10 at 3:47 pm ET|
Six Bruins are playing in the Olympics in Vancouver. The first round of preliminary games has been played, let’s take a look how the boys from the black and gold have faired.
Patrice Bergeron – The Bruins center had 12:50 of ice time in Canada’s 8-0 win against Norway on Tuesday. Bergeron had an assist on Mike Richard’s goal that made it 3-0 in the second period. Bergeron had a plus/minus of 1 and two penalty minutes with an interference call in the second period.
Marco Sturm — The German captain had 15:14 of ice time and two shots on goal in Sweden’s 2-0 win on Wednesday.
Zdeno Chara — The Slovakian captain had four penalty minutes and a shot on goal in 26:28 of ice time in Wednesday’s 3-1 loss to the Czech Republic.
Miroslav Satan — The Bruins front line forward was a scratch against the Czech’s. Satan sustained a laceration to his hand against Tampa Bay last Thursday before the break.
David Krejci — The Bruins second line center had a shot of goal in 14:20 of ice time against the Czech’s.
Tim Thomas — Dressed as Ryan Miller’s backup against Switzerland on Tuesday and Norway on Thursday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should the Boston Bruins Let Tuukka Rask Start Olympic Break a Day Early?
- How Should Bruins Fill Chara's Void Before Olympic Break?
- Why Krejci Will Be Top Bruin to Watch at Sochi
- How Bruins Should Shuffle Lines After Chris Kelly's Return
- Kevan Miller Justifying Promotion, Extension with Bruins
- What the Boston Bruins Must Do to Avoid Season Sweep vs. New York...
- How Bruins' Unique Strengths Have Led to Krug's Breakout Season