Chara: ‘We know we have to be better’
|03.02.10 at 10:45 pm ET|
For 40 minutes, it looked like Zdeno Chara and the Bruins had the Canadiens right where they wanted them.
They were playing solid defense, Tuukka Rask had turned away all 18 shots and run his shutout streak to 127 minutes, 15 seconds and they even converted a chance in front of the opposing goalie on the power play for a 1-0 lead.
All the Bruins had to do was keep it up for 20 more minutes and not only would they finally win at home, they would run their winning streak to five games and put some distance between themselves and the final spot in the Eastern Conference playoff race.
But as was the case before the break, the Bruins – especially on defense – picked a bad time to start skating backwards. And as a result – four unanswered Canadiens goals in the third – the Bruins had endured their 10th straight home loss.
“We know we have to be better, especially at home, especially at this time of year going into the end of the season and pushing to play in the playoffs. We know we need to be better. We have to take advantage of being at home, for sure,” Chara said.
Counting Thursday’s home match against Toronto before a seven-game road trip, the Bruins have just nine home games remaining.
“Those games we have left, we have to find a way. We have to make sure we win most of them,” Chara added.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should the Boston Bruins Let Tuukka Rask Start Olympic Break a Day Early?
- How Should Bruins Fill Chara's Void Before Olympic Break?
- Why Krejci Will Be Top Bruin to Watch at Sochi
- How Bruins Should Shuffle Lines After Chris Kelly's Return
- Kevan Miller Justifying Promotion, Extension with Bruins
- What the Boston Bruins Must Do to Avoid Season Sweep vs. New York...
- How Bruins' Unique Strengths Have Led to Krug's Breakout Season