Deadline passed, no scoring forward to Boston
|03.03.10 at 3:47 pm ET|
Well, the 2010 NHL trade deadline has passed and the Bruins did not acquire the scorer that they probably needed to make some noise in the playoffs (let alone qualify for them). Though there were 12 deals announced after the deadline last year multiple outlets have confirmed that the Bruins are indeed done with their maneuvering.
The lone player coming to Boston is Dennis Seidenberg from the Florida Panthers who had an introductory conference call with the Boston media at 3:30 p.m.
“I am very happy to be joining a team with a lot of history an success and hope to be part of a team that goes far into the playoffs,” Seidenberg said.
Note — This reporter’s cell phone service dropped the call. A transcript of the conversation will be available soon and we will post it as soon as we can.
General manager Peter Chiarelli is set to hold his press conference at 4 p.m. at TD Garden.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5