Bergy, Rask out vs. Leafs
|03.04.10 at 2:14 pm ET|
Tuukka Rask will miss tonight’s game against the Toronto Maple Leafs with a lower body injury, according to NESN.com, and Tim Thomas is expected to get the start in net for the first time since returning from the Olympics.
Rask did not skate this morning, according to the Bruins twitter page, and is day-to-day with the injury. The team recalled goaltender Matt Dalton from the Reading Royals of the East Coast Hockey League on an emergency basis and placed goaltender Dany Sabourin on re-entry waivers for the purpose of recall.
Dalton is expected to join the team tonight and be available for tonight’s game. This is Dalton’s second recall to Boston, as he was recalled on an emergency basis on Wednesday, February 24 and practiced with the team from February 25 to March 1 while Thomas participated in the Olympics.
Meanwhile, Patrice Bergeron told reporters this morning that he will miss his second straight game with tightness in his groin, an injury he suffered while playing for Team Canada in the Olympics.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara