|First period summary: Bruins-Maple Leafs||03.04.10 at 7:51 pm ET|
The game is tied 1-1 after 20 minutes with the Bruins holding a 9-8 shots lead.
The Bruins again came out with good energy in the first period and appeared to grab the lead 63 seconds into the game when Steve Begin came around the net behind J-S Giguere and centered a pass that went off Michael Ryder’s left skate.
After a review by the booth, it was deemed that Ryder kicked the puck into the net and the goal was disallowed..
But the Bruins kept up the pace and finally were rewarded when Miroslav Satan snapped a wrister from the left circle and beat Giguere five-hole at 9:36.
The Bruins kept up the intensity with fights just seconds apart as Milan Lucic battled Colton Orr and Shawn Thornton went at it with Wayne Primeau.
The Leafs regained some momentum when Viktor Stalberg beat Tim Thomas to the short side with just under five minutes left..
Thomas, who hasn’t started a game of any kind since Feb. 2 against Washington, redeemed himself big-time when he stoned Phil Kessel in the final 30 seconds of the period on a rush up the right boards.
- Thursday Morning Skate: Memorial Cup Field Set
- AHL Calder Cup Playoffs: Providence Bruins complete collapse, shut out by...
- Relax, We Got This.
- P-Bruins Game 7 Preview: Well, here we are.
- OTBH: Most Dangerous Lead in Hockey
- Just how bad WAS the Bartkowski and Seidenberg trade with Florida?
- Fresh Links: Yippee Paille Edition