First period summary: Bruins-Islanders
|03.06.10 at 2:50 pm ET|
The Bruins seem to have gotten a shot of energy with the return of Patrice Bergeron, and Islanders netminder Dwayne Roloson is taking the brunt of it.
After dominating offensively in a period in which they would outshoot the Islanders by a margin of 16-4, Milan Lucic took a feed from Shawn Thornton of a Dennis Wideman shot and beat Dwayne Roloson from the top of the circle at 18:26. It was the period’s only goal, but minutes earlier the Islanders came close.
With just over seven minutes remaining, an Islanders shot from the point led to a sprawling Tim Thomas giving up a juicy rebound for winger Matt Moulson. Daniel Seidenberg came to the rescue and cleared it out to prevent the Islanders from taking the lead.
Aside from the aforementioned bid, it was a pretty uneventful affair around Thomas’ net, though the Islanders did increase their offensive output in the second half of the period.
Jon Sim went off for tripping at 1:27, the only penalty of the game thus far.
- Bruins PR memo leaked
- In and Out Burger: Flame-Broiled Bruins: Injury Updates, Who's playing...
- Five Questions with Matchsticks and Gasoline
- Fresh Links: Calgary AHLert Edition
- Shanahan has spoken: Dion Phaneuf gets two-game suspension for Miller hit
- Tuesday Morning Skate: 71 million new things to talk about
- Hockey's Culture of Revenge