First period summary: Bruins-Flyers
|03.11.10 at 7:48 pm ET|
After 65 regular season games, definite patterns emerge. Recently, the trend has been that the Bruins will score first and then sit on their sticks until the other team comes back and the games goes to the final minutes if not overtime and a shootout.
Well, the Bruins did their part again in the first period at the Wachovia Center against the Flyers. Blake Wheeler broke through at 13:15 in the first with a backhand that beat Flyers goaltender Michael Leighton. The play started with David Krejci winning the puck on the half wall of Boston’s defensive zone and starting a 3-on-2 break the other way. He waited on the wing with the puck until the circle and hit Wheeler who side-stepped defender Lukas Krajicek and deposited the puck in the net.
After a slow start to the game the Bruins finally got some motion in gear and registered 13 shots on Leighton, all in the second half of the period.
Shots through first period:
Boston — 13
Philadelphia — 9
- Bruins vs. Flames Recap: Huge third period and a 2-1 win on Iginla Night
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 0 Flames 1
- Public Skate: Bruins at Flames, 9:30 pm
- Bruins PR memo leaked
- In and Out Burger: Flame-Broiled Bruins: Injury Updates, Who's playing...
- Five Questions with Matchsticks and Gasoline
- Fresh Links: Calgary AHLert Edition