|First period summary: Bruins vs. Sabres||03.29.10 at 7:48 pm ET|
A good start but rough finished has left the Bruins trailing the Sabres, 2-1, after 20 minutes at TD Garden.
The Bruins were buzzing around Buffalo goalie Ryan Miller for the first 10 minutes, resulting in several quality chances, a penalty shot and eventually rewarded with a pretty goal from David Krejci at 7:43.
Moments earlier, Marco Sturm broke in on a quick rush and was hooked from behind by Craig Rivet. Sturm was awarded a penalty shot but his shot – a routine backhander – was stopped easily by Miller.
Following the Krejci goal, a switch seemed to go on for the Sabres as they applied pressure on Thomas and controlled the final half of the period. Tyler Myers threw a soft shot from the right point through a heavy screen in front of Thomas to tie the game two minutes after the Krejci goal.
Then Paul Gaustad gave the Sabres the lead with a backhander that seemed to fool Thomas and put Buffalo up, 2-1, just 80 seconds later.
Boston outshot the Sabres, 14-11, in the period.
- QUICK RECAP: Bruins win, set new club record for goals scored on Henrik...
- Chara owns, and is a fantastic captain
- Fresh Links: The Kids Are Alright Edition
- Friday Morning Skate: All Glory to the Hypno Claude
- Game 1 Gif Recap: Marchand, Big Z, and the Rookie D. Bruins win it in OT.
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Third Period
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Second Period