Julien: ‘Unrealistic’ to predict Savard return
|04.21.10 at 2:30 pm ET|
One day after Marc Savard passed a neuro-psych evaluation and was cleared to practice with the Bruins, coach Claude Julien addressed the media Wednesday morning and tempered any enthusiasm about the center returning for the Sabres series.
“I don’t really have the answers on how far away,” Julien said. “He has been out for six weeks. He hasn’t been able to exercise or do anything. When you bring a guy back in the playoffs you have to make sure, for his sake number one, that he’s ready to jump in, and he has got to be in shape to keep up with that pace. The other part is that passing that test that he can start skating and doing different things but he still has to go through different kinds of tests. He hasn’t taken any contact yet. You know, for me to stand here and predict that he will be back at this stage would be unrealistic.”
- Fresh Links: But We Were Just Getting To Know You Edition
- Boychuk out 3-7 days, not weeks. Let's go to the movies!
- Fresh Links: Wound Licking Edition
- Friday Morning Skate: Get Well Soon, Johnny
- Bruins vs Habs Recap: Just a loss. Win the games in hand.
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 1 Habs 2
- Fresh Links: 721 Edition