Savard reportedly unlikely, Vanek probable for Game 6
|04.26.10 at 3:08 pm ET|
According to WEEI’s Michael Holley, Bruins center Marc Savard will not make his first appearance since March 7 when the B’s host the Sabres in Game 6 of their series Monday night. Savard skated with the team Monday morning but did not address the media. He previously said he would have another neuro-psych test Monday afternoon to check on how he is recovering from his concussion. Bruins coach Claude Julien said only “No confirmation right now” when asked about Savard’s availability following the moring skate.
Meanwhile, Sabres forward Thomas Vanek appears likely to make his return for Game 6. “All indications point to him playing,” Sabres coach Lindy Ruff said Monday. Vanek has been out since sliding into the end boards and injuring his left ankle following a slash on the knee from Bruins defenseman Johnny Boychuk in Game 2.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5