|Bruins will play Flyers in Round 2||04.28.10 at 9:54 pm ET|
With the Canadiens completing their shocking comeback against the top-seeded Capitals with a 2-1 victory in Game 7 Wednesday night in Washington, the Bruins now know their second-round opponent in the Stanley Cup playoffs. The sixth-seeded B’s will meet the seventh-seeded Flyers, opening the conference semifinal series with the first two games at TD Garden. This will mark the first playoff matchup between Boston and Philadelphia since 1978.
Here is the schedule for the series:
Game 1: Saturday, May 1, at Boston, 12:30 p.m.
Game 2: Monday, May 3, at Boston, 7 p.m.
Game 3: Wednesday, May 5, at Philadelphia, 7 p.m.
Game 4: Friday, May 7, at Philadelphia, 7 p.m.
*Game 5: Monday, May 10, at Boston, 7 p.m.
*Game 6: Wednesday, May 12, at Philadelphia, TBD
*Game 7: Friday, May 14, at Boston, 7 p.m.
* if necessary
Eighth-seeded Montreal trailed in its series three games to one but held the high-scoring Caps to one goal in each of the last three games behind stellar goaltending from Jaroslav Halak to pull off the upset. The Canadiens advance to play the defending Stanley Cup champion Penguins in Round 2.
- QUICK RECAP: Bruins win, set new club record for goals scored on Henrik...
- Chara owns, and is a fantastic captain
- Fresh Links: The Kids Are Alright Edition
- Friday Morning Skate: All Glory to the Hypno Claude
- Game 1 Gif Recap: Marchand, Big Z, and the Rookie D. Bruins win it in OT.
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Third Period
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Second Period