Report: Krejci done with broken wrist
|05.05.10 at 11:23 pm ET|
PHILADELPHIA — David Krejci was taken to a local hospital for treatment of an undisclosed injury following a hit by Philadelphia’s Mike Richards in the first period. Krejci was on just his second shift of the game when he was drilled in the shoulder by Richards in the neutral zone. Just before the hit, Krejci found Milan Lucic, who then fed Miroslav Satan for the go-ahead goal at 5:45 of the first period.
“It was a clean hit and there are no issues there,” Bruins coach Claude Julien said afterward.
The Bruins have not confirmed a CSNPhilly report that Krejci suffered a broken wrist and is scheduled to have corrective surgery in Baltimore.
The Bruins also played most of the game without defenseman Adam McQuaid, who was being evaluated by Bruins medical staff after the game for an undisclosed injury. Both Krejci and McQuaid played just two shifts before leaving and not returning.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5