Report: Krejci done with broken wrist
|05.05.10 at 11:23 pm ET|
PHILADELPHIA — David Krejci was taken to a local hospital for treatment of an undisclosed injury following a hit by Philadelphia’s Mike Richards in the first period. Krejci was on just his second shift of the game when he was drilled in the shoulder by Richards in the neutral zone. Just before the hit, Krejci found Milan Lucic, who then fed Miroslav Satan for the go-ahead goal at 5:45 of the first period.
“It was a clean hit and there are no issues there,” Bruins coach Claude Julien said afterward.
The Bruins have not confirmed a CSNPhilly report that Krejci suffered a broken wrist and is scheduled to have corrective surgery in Baltimore.
The Bruins also played most of the game without defenseman Adam McQuaid, who was being evaluated by Bruins medical staff after the game for an undisclosed injury. Both Krejci and McQuaid played just two shifts before leaving and not returning.
- Hockey's Culture of Revenge
- Fresh Links: Homecoming Edition
- Monday Morning Skate: Survivor Alberta
- Dougie Hamilton headed back to Boston; Miller OK; could Boychuk be back?
- Bruins vs. Maple Leafs Recap: Bruins win 5-2, Kevan Miller scores first...
- Public Skate: Third Period, Bruins 3 Leafs 1
- Dougie Hamilton done for the night; Warsofsky incoming?