|2nd Period Summary: Bruins vs. Flyers Game 7||05.14.10 at 8:56 pm ET|
The Flyers came out and skated like a desperate team, not one that was down and out.
Despite trailing the Bruins, 3-1, the Flyers, led by Daniel Briere and Mike Richards, applied pressure immediately on Tuukka Rask.
Scott Hartnell scored just 2:49 into the period and the blood pressure of fans began to rise in dread. It was made worse when Danny Briere went behind Rask and his backhanded wraparound beat the Bruins goalie at 8;49 to tie the game and stun the crowd.
It was also the first of two video reviews involving Rask. While the Briere goal stood, another review six minutes later would show Dennis Wideman saving the puck by gloving it and keeping it just inches from going over the goal line.
The Flyers had the clear momentum and had a paid of power play chances to take the lead but the Bruins came up with a couple of key kills to keep the game knotted.
The Flyers not only won the scoring battle in the second, 2-0, they outshot them, 11-6.
The Flyers also finish the series with a 10-3 cumulative scoring advantage in the second period.
- Chara owns, and is a fantastic captain
- Fresh Links: The Kids Are Alright Edition
- Friday Morning Skate: All Glory to the Hypno Claude
- Game 1 Gif Recap: Marchand, Big Z, and the Rookie D. Bruins win it in OT.
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Third Period
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Second Period
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, 7:30PM ET