Seguin, coach talk with WEEI.com
|05.28.10 at 10:04 am ET|
Anticipated top-two pick Tyler Seguin and his coach, former Hartford Whaler Mike Vellucci, spoke with WEEI.com recently. Here are some of the things they hit on:
- Seguin underwent a bit of a transformation in 2009-2010. After being selfless almost to a fault as a playmaker in his first junior hockey season, he began shooting the puck more, resulting in 48 goals, which led the Ontario Hockey league. He had four more goals than Taylor Hall.
- Vellucci feels the comparisons that are made between Seguin and Steve Yzerman are just, though he feels Seguin is a slightly stronger skater. He also compares the 18-year-old to Joe Sakic citing both talent and makeup.
- Seguin has no preference between Edmonton and Boston. He is intrigued by the idea of jumping into the NHL and immediately contending for a cup with the Bruins, though he hopes to have a chance to prove himself on the center-heavy Bruins.
For the complete story, CLICK HERE.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5