Bruins, Recchi agree to deal
|06.25.10 at 1:17 pm ET|
Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli confirmed to members of the media Friday that the Bruins have reached a one-year agreement with unrestricted winger Mark Recchi. The 42-year-old future Hall of Famer was acquired at the trade deadline in 2009 and has totaled 59 points in 99 games with the Bruins. A veteran of 21 years, Recchi has 563 goals and 922 assists, good for 1485 points.
The deal is expected to be announced Monday. TSN has reported the deal includes a base salary of $1 million and bonuses that could tack on more than $500,000. Recchi made $1.7 million last season. NESN was the first to report the story.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara