Report: Oilers tried for deal with Bruins
|06.25.10 at 7:55 pm ET|
According to a tweet from ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun, Oilers general manager “tried until [the] last possible second” to acquire the second overall pick from the Bruins before Peter Chiarelli eventually chose Tyler Seguin. There had been rumors leading up until the draft that the two teams could work out a deal that would secure the Bruins their preferred player, but Chiarelli had stressed prior to the draft that he would not make a deal that involved trading out of the top two picks.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara