Report: Tampa can’t afford Thomas
|06.25.10 at 2:56 pm ET|
Tim Thomas, who has been given permission by the Bruins to talk with other teams about a trade, may not be a fit for one of his most logical suitors. According to ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun, a Tampa Bay source does not believe the Lightning could add Thomas’ $5 million salary for the next three seasons without shedding payroll. LeBrun says in a tweet that a move to the Lightning “doesn’t look like a fit right now.”
The Sharks and Flyers have also been rumored as potential suitors for Thomas. Tampa Bay has over $23 million in cap space, but only 13 players under contract at the NHL level.
- Stanley Cup Final: HNIC Game 4 Intro: Killing it, as usual.
- Bruins vs. Blackhawks Stanley Cup Final Game 4 Complete Coverage
- Bruin text messages: a Cup of Chowder exclusive
- 3 Questions with... MightyMikeD of Cheer the Anthem
- Fresh Links: FOURtitude Edition
- Bruins vs. Blackhawks Stanley Cup Final Game 4 Preview: Be the hammer,...
- VIDEO: Extended Stanley Cup Final Game 3 Highlights, with Goucher and...