Weymouth’s Coyle a Shark
|06.25.10 at 10:49 pm ET|
Charlie Coyle, a right wing from Weymouth, became the highest EJHL player to ever be drafted in the NHL when the San Jose Sharks chose him with the 28th overall pick of Friday’s NHL draft. The 6-foot-2, 202-pounder is set to play for Jack Parker at Boston University next year. He is the cousin of Tony Amonte.
In 42 games for the South Shore Kings of the EJHL this past season, Coyle scored 21 goals and chipped in 42 assists for 63 points.
- Public Skate: Bruins at Flames, 9:30 pm
- Bruins PR memo leaked
- In and Out Burger: Flame-Broiled Bruins: Injury Updates, Who's playing...
- Five Questions with Matchsticks and Gasoline
- Fresh Links: Calgary AHLert Edition
- Shanahan has spoken: Dion Phaneuf gets two-game suspension for Miller hit
- Tuesday Morning Skate: 71 million new things to talk about