Weymouth’s Coyle a Shark
|06.25.10 at 10:49 pm ET|
Charlie Coyle, a right wing from Weymouth, became the highest EJHL player to ever be drafted in the NHL when the San Jose Sharks chose him with the 28th overall pick of Friday’s NHL draft. The 6-foot-2, 202-pounder is set to play for Jack Parker at Boston University next year. He is the cousin of Tony Amonte.
In 42 games for the South Shore Kings of the EJHL this past season, Coyle scored 21 goals and chipped in 42 assists for 63 points.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara