Weymouth’s Coyle a Shark
|06.25.10 at 10:49 pm ET|
Charlie Coyle, a right wing from Weymouth, became the highest EJHL player to ever be drafted in the NHL when the San Jose Sharks chose him with the 28th overall pick of Friday’s NHL draft. The 6-foot-2, 202-pounder is set to play for Jack Parker at Boston University next year. He is the cousin of Tony Amonte.
In 42 games for the South Shore Kings of the EJHL this past season, Coyle scored 21 goals and chipped in 42 assists for 63 points.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5