|Bruins take two defensemen in seventh||06.26.10 at 4:36 pm ET|
The Bruins selected their first defenseman of the weekend on Saturday when they chose Russian defenseman Maxim Chudinov with the 195th overall pick of the NHL draft. The 5-foot-11, 187-pounder was draft eligible a year ago, making him the third Bruins draft pick this season that was passed over in the ’09 draft.
Chudinov played for Cherepovets Severstal of the KHL the last two seasons, totaling just 13 points in 73 games.
The team also traded their seventh-round choice in the 2011 draft to the Blackhawks in exchange for the 210th overall pick on Saturday, which was the last pick of the draft. With it they chose defenseman Zach Trotman out of Lake Superior state.
- QUICK RECAP: Bruins win, set new club record for goals scored on Henrik...
- Chara owns, and is a fantastic captain
- Fresh Links: The Kids Are Alright Edition
- Friday Morning Skate: All Glory to the Hypno Claude
- Game 1 Gif Recap: Marchand, Big Z, and the Rookie D. Bruins win it in OT.
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Third Period
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Second Period