Chudinov re-ups with KHL team
|06.30.10 at 5:30 pm ET|
One of the main knocks on Russian players in the NHL draft is the fear of the KHL. The Bruins have just realized that fear — kind of– as their first seventh round pick, Maxim Chudinov, has re-signed with Severstal Cherepovets, his KHL team. The defenseman wasn’t expected to be in the short-term mix anyway, so his two-year deal ultimately shouldn’t impact the Bruins either way.
“When we knew that the Bruins drafted him, I phoned him and congratulated [him],” his agent said according to this report. “He was really glad that a NHL team showed interest in him. I hope he’ll get a spot with the Bruins in the next few years.”
Chudinov was the 195th overall pick. He had 13 points last season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5