Chudinov re-ups with KHL team
|06.30.10 at 5:30 pm ET|
One of the main knocks on Russian players in the NHL draft is the fear of the KHL. The Bruins have just realized that fear — kind of– as their first seventh round pick, Maxim Chudinov, has re-signed with Severstal Cherepovets, his KHL team. The defenseman wasn’t expected to be in the short-term mix anyway, so his two-year deal ultimately shouldn’t impact the Bruins either way.
“When we knew that the Bruins drafted him, I phoned him and congratulated [him],” his agent said according to this report. “He was really glad that a NHL team showed interest in him. I hope he’ll get a spot with the Bruins in the next few years.”
Chudinov was the 195th overall pick. He had 13 points last season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara