|Bruins add a pick in free agency||07.01.10 at 2:28 pm ET|
It isn’t a big-name player, but the Bruins have picked up a valuable commodity on the first day of NHL free agency.
As part of the Derek Morris trade with Phoenix, the Bruins were to receive the Coyotes’ fourth round pick, which would be upgraded to a third-rounder if the defenseman returned to Phoenix. With TSN’s report that Morris has signed a four-year, $11 million deal, the Bruins will now recieve the earlier draft choice. The team now has two first-rounders (their own and the Maple Leafs’ –start YouTubing Adam Larsson), two second-rounders (their own and Minnesota’s from the Chuck Kobasew deal) and a the Coyotes’ third (they sent their own to Florida in the Nathan Horton deal).
- 3 Questions With... Blueshirt Banter's Kevin Power
- Fresh Links: The Wrong Garden Edition
- Game 3 Preview: Bruins vs. Rangers. MSG. No Seidenberg after all. Let's...
- Tuesday Morning Skate: Gameday
- AHL Calder Cup Playoffs: Providence Bruins can't solve Brad Thiessen,...
- Fresh Links: High Gear Edition
- VIDEO: Extended Highlights of Rangers/Bruins Game 2