Savard rumor du jour: Hello Robyn Regehr?
|07.01.10 at 12:43 pm ET|
TSN’s Bob McKenzie has tweeted that a deal between the Bruins and Flames involving a straight swap of Marc Savard and Calgary defenseman Robyn Regehr is “a serious consideration for both teams.”
Like many of the Savard rumors to come up in recent days, the deal wouldn’t seem to accomplish the perceived Bruins’ goal to cut costs while also improving the team. Regehr makes slightly more than Savard per year (both make just over $4 million per year). Additionally, both players have provisions in their contracts that would allow them to squash the deal.
It’s worth noting that Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli did say the team could be in the market for another defenseman, but keep in mind a deal for Mark Stuart has yet to be wrapped up.
- Fresh Links: FOURtitude Edition
- Bruins vs. Blackhawks Stanley Cup Final Game 4 Preview: Be the hammer,...
- VIDEO: Extended Stanley Cup Final Game 3 Highlights, with Goucher and...
- Wednesday Morning Skate: Keep It Going
- Fresh Links: Unworthy Edition
- Tuesday Morning Skate: Dat Pass
- Stanley Cup Final: Bruins take game three. Two to go.