Wheeler, Campbell file for arbitration
|07.05.10 at 5:18 pm ET|
Agent Matt Keator has confirmed to WEEI.com that Bruins left wing Blake Wheeler filed for arbitration before Monday’s 5 p.m. deadline. The Boston Globe was the first to report the story. Center Gregory Campbell also filed, as he was on the list of players to elect the process by the NHLPA Monday night.
Though Wheeler and Campbell both filed, a possibility still exists that the team could reach agreements with the forwards before their respective arbitration hearings, as the team did last summer with Matt Hunwick.
Defenseman Mark Stuart, the other Bruin eligible for arbitration, did not file, as Keator, who represents both Stuart and Wheeler, indicated that the two sides felt they were close enough to reaching a one-year deal that filing wouldn’t be necessary.
Wheeler had 38 points this past season for the Bruins, scoring 18 goals while playing in all 82 games.
- Bruins vs Oilers Recap: Second periods will be the death of us. Bruins...
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 3 Oilers 2
- Public Skate Second Period: Bruins 3 Oilers 0
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Oilers, 9:30PM EST
- Bruins vs. Oilers Preview: Captain Planet Reunion Day
- And another one bites the dust: Loss to Bruins Final Straw for Feaster in...
- Fresh Links: Auld Acquaintance Edition