Source: Bruins, Stuart ‘very close’
|07.08.10 at 11:14 am ET|
A source has told WEEI.com that the Bruins and restricted free agent Mark Stuart are “very close” to reaching a one-year deal. Stuart recently chose against filing for arbitration, as he felt comfortable enough that he would be able to come to agreement with the Bruins.
In 56 games this past season, the defenseman had two goals, five assists and racked up 80 penalty minutes. He set a career high in points in the 2008-2009 season with 17.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara